- When you register with The RAJ BOOKS website (https://www.rajbooks.com/) (“Website”), you will be required to choose a contact email address and password. You are responsible for all sessions and transactions made using these details. You should keep your password safe and not disclose it to anyone. You should change it immediately if you feel it has been compromised.
- If any of your details change, such as your payment card billing address, you must inform The RAJ BOOKS as soon as possible. You may update your details by signing into your account on the Website and updating your online wallet.
- The Website Conditions of Use also apply to your use of the Website.
- In these terms and conditions:-
- “The RAJ BOOKS” means The RAJ BOOKS part of GARDNRES.LK (PVT)LTD
- “us” and “we” means The RAJ BOOKS and you together; and
- “you” and “your” means the person ordering goods under these terms and conditions.
The contract between us
- Any contract for purchases made through the Website will be with The RAJ BOOKS. The RAJ BOOKS’ tax registration numbers are listed in the Value Added Tax (VAT) section below.
- When you place an order to purchase a product from The RAJ BOOKS, The RAJ BOOKS will send you an email confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order. This email is an acknowledgment that The RAJ BOOKS has received your order, and does not confirm acceptance of your offer to buy the product(s) ordered.
- The RAJ BOOKS must receive payment of the whole price for the goods that you order before your order can be processed. Payment of the advertised price will be taken at the point of order. Charging your payment method does not mean that an order has been accepted by The RAJ BOOKS.
- If The RAJ BOOKS is unable to accept your order in whole or in part, The RAJ BOOKS will let you know, cancel your order in whole or in part, and refund you for the price paid for the relevant product(s) as soon as possible. The reasons The RAJ BOOKS may cancel your order include that there is an error on the product page (including about the price); there is a problem taking payment from you or completing fraud or security checks; The RAJ BOOKS has insufficient stock to deliver the product(s) or cannot obtain the product(s) from its suppliers; or The RAJ BOOKS is unable to deliver to your specified delivery address. We may also cancel your order by sections 3.7 or 3.8.
- The RAJ BOOKS’s acceptance of your order (which will happen when The RAJ BOOKS dispatches your order) brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms and conditions. The RAJ BOOKS will email you when The RAJ BOOKS accepts your order. If your order is dispatched in more than one package, you may receive a separate acceptance email for each package, and each separate email and corresponding dispatch will conclude a separate contract of sale between us for the product(s) specified in that email.
- If you have pre-ordered a product from The RAJ BOOKS, The RAJ BOOKS will also email you on the release date of the product, and in advance of dispatching the product.
- This Website is strictly for personal and non-commercial use. You agree not to use the Website for commercial or business purposes or to place orders for products that will be or are being, sold on to a third party. If you are suspected of using the Website in any of these ways then The RAJ BOOKS reserves the right to withdraw from any relevant contract(s) and cancel your order(s).
- We reserve the right to cancel any order and terminate any RAJ BOOKS account if your behavior gives The RAJ BOOKS a justified reason to do so. This will, in particular, be the case if you are in breach of applicable laws, these terms and conditions, the Website Conditions of Use, applicable terms that apply to a promotion, and/or the RAJ BOOKS’s content guidelines, which are all accessible on this Website, or if you engage in fraudulent activities or behavior.
- We do not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18 you may use the RAJ BOOKS only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Your right to cancellation
- If you are an individual and are not buying goods on behalf of a business, you can change your mind and cancel the contract between us without giving any reason within 14 days after the day on which your items are delivered (or the last item is delivered if they were delivered separately). You must notify The RAJ BOOKS of your decision to cancel. You can notify The RAJ BOOKS through the online contact form or by completing this online cancellation form.
- You will be responsible for the cost of returning the item(s) to The RAJ BOOKS. You must send the item(s) back to The RAJ BOOKS no later than 14 days after the day on which you notified The RAJ BOOKS of your cancellation, by following the instructions The RAJ BOOKS sends you.
- We will refund the price of the item(s) no later than 14 days from the day The RAJ BOOKS receives the item back from you or, if earlier, the day you provide evidence that you have sent the item(s) back. We will issue a refund by the same means of payment as you used to make your purchase. We don’t charge a fee for the refund.
- We may reduce your refund if you have used or damaged the returned item(s) as a result of handling the item(s) in a way that would not be acceptable in a shop. For example, The RAJ BOOKS may reduce your refund if an item’s condition is not “as new” or item-specific packaging is damaged. In some cases, because of the way you have treated the item before returning it, no refund in respect of that item may be due.
- This section 4 does not apply if you wish to cancel because The RAJ BOOKS delivered an item to you in error or it is faulty, not as described, or otherwise does not meet all the requirements imposed by law. Please refer to section 8 below for more details.
Delivery of goods to you
The RAJ BOOKS will post, or arrange a courier on your behalf for, the goods ordered by you to the person and address you give The RAJ BOOKS at the time you make your order. Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted and in any event within 30 days of dispatch of the order. All delivery times quoted on the Website are estimates only, based on availability, normal processing, and delivery companies. You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when the goods are dispatched to you from The RAJ BOOKS’ distribution center.
Value Added Tax (VAT)
- All prices displayed on the Website are inclusive of any applicable local sales tax, VAT, and similar taxes which The RAJ BOOKS may be required to charge. Your price may be different depending on the tax that applies to your delivery location. Where The RAJ BOOKS applies a different tax rate based on the delivery address you have specified, this will be declared in the checkout.
- When ordering from The RAJ BOOKS, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country where you receive the goods.
- When ordering goods from The RAJ BOOKS for delivery into the EU or Northern Ireland local VAT and/or import duties and taxes may be due. Where import duties and taxes are due, these are your responsibility. You agree that these import duties and taxes will be included in the final price paid at checkout and that The RAJ BOOKS will arrange for its carriers to make payment of applicable import duties and taxes at the customs border on your behalf.
- When ordering goods from The RAJ BOOKS for delivery to some overseas destinations, your package may be subject to import duties and taxes that are levied once the package reaches that country. Any additional charges for customs clearance, including applicable import duties and taxes, must be paid by you to the relevant authorities; The RAJ BOOKS has no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be.
- Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information.
Power of Attorney:
You authorize The RAJ BOOKS Ltd to designate a carrier (“Designated Carrier”) to act, as is appropriate depending on the applicable customs procedure, as your direct or indirect representative/agent, before the relevant customs and tax authorities in the destination country, for the purpose of clearing for importing merchandise as well as the processing and remitting customs duties and any other tax levied at the time of importation.
Liability and Your Legal Rights
- If you are a consumer in Sri Lanka, The RAJ BOOKS has a legal duty to provide you with products that are as described to you on the Website and that meet all the requirements imposed by law. If the goods The RAJ BOOKS delivers are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, please contact The RAJ BOOKS. The laws of your country may give you additional rights and remedies. Such laws apply in addition to your rights under these terms and conditions. If such laws apply, The RAJ BOOKS may ask you to return the relevant product(s). If so, you must return the product(s) to The RAJ BOOKS by post, within a reasonable time of the request to do so. The RAJ BOOKS will reimburse your reasonable postage costs where required to do so by law.
- Subject to section 8.3 below, The RAJ BOOKS will not be responsible for any loss that is a business loss or that was not foreseeable to you and The RAJ BOOKS when you ordered the goods (e.g. it was not obvious that it would happen).
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude (i) any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law that may not be excluded or limited or (ii) RAJ BOOKS’s liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from its negligence or fraud.
Nobody else has any rights under any contract between us. Any contract in respect of purchases made through the Website is between us. Nobody else can enforce it and neither of us will need to ask anybody else to agree to ending or changing it.
Liability for events outside The RAJ BOOKS’ reasonable control. The RAJ BOOKS shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond the RAJ BOOKS’s reasonable control. This does not affect your legal right to have goods sent within a reasonable time or to receive a refund if goods ordered cannot be supplied within a reasonable time owing to any event or circumstance beyond the RAJ BOOKS’s reasonable control.
If any part of these terms and conditions is found by a court or other competent authority to be unenforceable (including any provision in which The RAJ BOOKS limits or excludes its liability to you), the enforceability of any other part of these terms and conditions will not be affected and will continue to apply.
The RAJ BOOKS operates a complaints handling procedure that is used to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. If you have a complaint, please contact the Customer Service department at the following address: Customer Service Manager, The RAJ BOOKS Limited, Gateway 12 Business Park, Davy Way, Gloucester, Gloucestershire.
Resolving disputes and applicable law
These terms and conditions and each contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted by Srilankan law. If you are a consumer and have your habitual residence in Sri Lanka, you additionally enjoy the protection afforded to you by mandatory provisions of the law of your country of residence. We both agree that legal proceedings relating to these terms and conditions or any contract between us must be brought in Sri Lanka or (if you live in another country) in the other countries in which you live.
The RAJ BOOKS may transfer any contract between us in respect of purchases made through the Website, so that a different organization is responsible for supplying the product(s) you have ordered and/or assisting you with any issues affecting products that have already been supplied. The RAJ BOOKS will tell you in writing if this happens and ensure that the transfer won’t affect your rights under the contract.